Saturday, January 30, 2010

Super Junior Shindong aplogizes for His comment about fat Girls on his Radio Show



Another controversy came from the chubby member of super Junior. Recently on his radio show Shim Shim Tapa, Shindong made a comment that offended fat girls. On the 29 January, a female listener revealed to him on his radio show that she just fought with his boyfriend because her decision to go on diet. He then told her, "Don’t start if you’re only going to quit after a few days. Your body isn’t the type to change with a diet.”
Kim Shin Young, who co-hosts the radio station, stated, “To a girl, a negative comment about her weight is equivalent to asking for a punch.”
Then Shindong commented, “If someone had to lose weight, I would tell that person to lose weight. Lose some weight, why can’t you take care of yourself. When I say this, the person might think, ‘Look who’s talking,’ but I would reply, ‘I’m a boy and you’re a girl.‘”

To this, both Kim Shin Young and announcer Gu Eun Young retorted, “Why does gender matter in this situation? So girls have to be skinny and boys can be…” Taken aback by their remarks, Shindong quickly explained, “I’m just saying. Honestly, I would want the person that I love to be more pretty or more handsome."

This issue brings up a previous episode of MBC ’Quiz to Change the World,’ wherein fellow Super Junior members also expressed their dislike toward fat women. Yesung stated, “I think obese people are lazy” while Leeteuk confessed, “I really dislike fat girls. I don’t think they take care of their bodies well.” (Uuuppsss!)

Really, I am a big fan of Super Junior and I am a little surprised about their comment about large women. Please boys, open up your mind, dont just think about the skinny girls. who said that large women is lazy and can't manage herself?? think about your ELF and some of them are large but they love you unconditionally. Yeah boys will be boys...(shake head)
Shindong explains on Twitter

After the news went out, ShinDong posted apology messages and explain his case on his Twitter on 30th Jan.
He wrote:
“Sorry…….”
“I don’t mean that…It was what I said to my girlfriend…. I just wanted to say that if I have a girlfriend I would want her to be prettier… I don’t mean that girls have to lose weight… I’m sorry that everyone heard it that way.. But please understand that I don’t mean it that wayㅜㅜ”
“…………Thank you everyone for giving me strength. But a wrongdoing is a wrongdoing.. I apologise for that… Sorry.. And I will be careful next time.. I will work hard to bring to everyone better broadcast shows.. I will be careful.. Please show love for ShimShimTaPa. ShimShimTaPa Hwaiting! SuJu Hwaiting!”

sc: allkpop

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!
    I just wrote a song about love for my girlfriend and I thought I would find lyrics on your blog so that I can compare my song :P but anyhoo... you're blog is wayy nicer than mine that's for sure! If you have the extra 3 minutes to listen to the song I wrote that's on youtube, click here Girlfriend Love Songs and dont forget to rate and comment the song! :) thanx SOOOOOO much! :D

    ReplyDelete